About Me...

My name is Joe Hicks, I'm currently studying Business Studies at the University of Lincoln.

I am a Student Officer for the University of Lincoln Students' Union, as well as Course Rep for Business Studies Level 1, Liaison Rep for the Business School and Student Trustee.
As a student myself, I'm set on working for the benefit of Students at the University of Lincoln; my manifesto for my current position of Student Officer can be found under my very first Blog Post.

When I'm not busy with my roles within the Union, I enjoy practicing the Discipline of Parkour, and Photography.
This year sees the creation of an officially accepted Parkour Society within the SU's Sports and Societies, which hopefully will be fully up and running by the beginning of Semester B in early 2010.

If you have any questions regarding the SU, or the Parkour Society, please don't hesitate to give me an email at:
09140748@students.lincoln.ac.uk

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Week of the 7th

...got back of holiday this week, hence no post for last week as I was away...

I attended the board of trustees meeting; always good to have oversight of the Union, and some important items, such as investment opportunities and info on new trustees, made it quite an interesting meeting.

I also went off to Riseholme again to do some more work on the R-Bar project; so far its been a great success - we've already had a response from the VC (see the SU Website - linked on the right - to have a read of her reply.)
Thanks to Izzy, who's also been working on this project, for all her hard work!

Handover for next year starts in a week, and we're moving office this week so I'm unsure of whether there'll be anything interesting to report next time around... But look forward to a some kindof close to this blog, and a bit of a visual update ready for next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment